Thursday 5 June 2014

A girl who writes

Ellie Goulding had the right idea but you should be the artist
Even Wonder Woman was made of clay
You shot my heart like Artemis
While you rode away you are a modern Parthian
Aphrodite is your protégé in the Classic Pantheon

Grist got the gist with a girl who reads
But really that’s like saying a girl who breathes
When you can’t be Hermione but you can be J.K
Making hearts go manic with your magic’s the best way
When you open your mouth and your soul goes press play
My heart goes Bill and Ted no to yes way

So whether it’s books, plays, poems, songs, prose or an essay
I will praise you for laying down letters
Cos you’re making me better
At this

And when I tell my kids how I met their mother
I’ll say we were on the same page

As each other 

No comments:

Post a Comment