Friday 11 October 2013

Get Thee To Bed



I like to write at night when everyone is asleep
And no one can hear me stumbling stuttering
Saying something deep sending it twisting and tumbling
Turning it into something cheap
A punch line or bunting a not over brunch thing
A terribly overdone should have been counting sheep
Million miles a minute rain’s a natural beat
Never be making a killing but making mistakes
To fill the silence

Playing the record again on repeat
Playing the record again on repeat

I like to write at night no
The keys go tic tac as I type no
Why do I do this I do not know
I should gym get wider and go for broke
Ruin mothers like gin be a stylish bloke
Swag so much yolo I start to choke
When I shout marco you shout

I write at night when I have no time
And not every poem has a punchline

No comments:

Post a Comment