Saturday 31 August 2013

Password protected



This poem is password protected
It isn’t for you to see
And it is a little bit about you but a little bit about me

I’m not uncomfortable with being vulnerable
It’s just a bitch to spell
I keep forgetting the L

Like, am I the venerable son of an eloquent thespian
Or the vulnerable son of a feminist lesbian

Can’t we be both?

The most common regret of the dying is not living a life true to yourself
But what if you’re a dick?
And being one is not exclusive to having one
But I can’t seriously say bitch

Living life in a bechdel test
Maleness is a spectre at best
But I still managed to live a love life
Of lies, violence and regret

Not to mention drunk
Expressed only through text
And an instance of excess sex

This is the only excess I’ll ever mention
I’ve done funny for so long serious is another dimension

So I won’t talk about drinking till I’m sick
I’ll sing the saga of alcohol man
And his porcelain sidekick

Because serious is fucking boring
So strap up Shirley
Where we’re going there won’t be no snoring

With a voice clear to carry cross the ocean
I say
U
N
B
O
U
N
D
And set myself free
At least the side that you can see

No comments:

Post a Comment