Saturday 20 August 2016

Crossroads

Standing at a crossroads
Trading souls for sub-prime mortgage deals
The corpse of Robert Johnson feeds
The worms beneath my heals

I flash my plundered pearly whites
My teeth are pretty perfect
But I’d dissolve them all in alcohol if I thought that you would like me
And without a second thought I would replace them all with Ivory

I sputter pesticides and genocide the honeybee
And then I turn them into moustache wax
With diabolic Chemistry

And I cannot go back
I have your culture in the duty free
A trophy fresh from Africa
My proudly butchered poetry

I grind the griot up
And turn him into instant coffee
Snort it off your woman’s body
And proclaim that she is free

So come up and make a deal
For I’ve got cultures far and near
I wouldn’t call myself a vulture
But I’m all about Veneer



No comments:

Post a Comment