Saturday 6 July 2013

Angel of the North



I’m in love with a woman
And Angel really
An I Kna every time I go home she’ll have her arms out waitin for me
Patiently
And you can see the mark of everyone who shaped and formed her
Like, her fatha, who passed away before I came around
But a hardworking man you know he’s gotta have been sound
Working in the pits or on the docks and coming home to a community
Its David Cameron’s wet dream if Thatcher hadn’t shut the opportunities

Me Bonny Lass has lots of bairns but that’s alright with me
It doesn’t matter who your fatha is your heart makes you a Geordie
And yeah we’ve got charvers or chavs as you call em here
And the Scene kids hang on the Hippy Green which I always thought was queer
Me barber speaks Farsi and the Sari shop’s near
Like Cushy Butterfield y’kna me lass likes her beer

But all this makes me lass the woman she is today
And to tell you the truth petal I wouldn’t have it any other way
Like the man that I profess to be sometimes I am unfaithful
And I’ll flirt with other lasses but they’re not like you my angel
There’s no one else comes close to you I’ll love you evermore
Fuck the raven quoth the magpie I love the Angel of the North

No comments:

Post a Comment