Saturday 6 July 2013

My first Breath

For an old friend



Take a breath, do you feel it? Going in through your nose and out through your mouth
I can't, I can't feel it what's going on?
My day wasn't that bad but I wanted to take the edge off
Now I'm looking down at me on the ground, my friends are all around
A hand touches my shoulder, I turn and let out a sound

Well I would if my lungs had air in but we've covered that
What I see is a woman dressed all in black
No hood no scythe but she's got a smile that cuts like a knife
She holds out her hand I want to run for my life
She takes hold and we walk into the light

I'm sitting on a park bench. The woman's gone
She said take a seat, there's someone you need to meet
Ye fatha's here for your meet and greet
Me fatha's name is Pete

Baby is that you? Why are you here so young?
I'm not supposed to see you for many a setting sun
I have so many questions, how's your mother how's your brother?
Did you come here free and single, or fleeing the love of another?

Yeah well I have questions too Pete, why the fuck'd you have to go?
You know sometimes I blame myself I've never felt so low
I always was a daddy's girl you were my fucking world
But now I'm here because you said to never, ever hurl

The drugs are in my system, me brain is on the fritz
I'm dying on me bathroom floor I couldn't give two shits
I didn't mean for this to happen but I found that now it has
That I'm happy to be out of that fucking fleshy Alcatraz

I'm sorry I sound angry, it’s just a shock you see
I love you dad there's no one else with whom I'd spend eternity

It's been so nice to see you, now listen to my pleas
Know that I'll always love you, but now you have to leave

Daddy don't you want me, please don't make me leave
Come on and stay beside me, daddy daddy please

It’s not that I don't love you, but now is not your time
Go back and live your life pet, please know that I lived mine
I know it’s hard without me, your heart is full of longing
Your part is not yet over, the show is still ongoing

I'm always watching over, that's me blowing in the leafs, can you feel it?

As my friends watched over, they blew life into me
I never started living until I died a death
And I'll always remember the day of my first breath

No comments:

Post a Comment