Saturday 6 July 2013

Oh to be left in peace



Oh to be left in peace, instead of pieces
Let me lay this out like it’s a literary thesis
There is darkness in everything sweet, like stones in peaches
And I have enough of those in me to form sandy beaches

Not saying I’m a luminary no siree
And it’s not exactly pitch black dark inside of me
But everybody is twisted to some degree
Some just embrace it a lot more easily

I’ve been told at times that I seem cocksure
And sure I have a cock but to me there’s a lot more
I’ve got a supercomputer that fucking misfires
So all my conversations are subject to crossed wires

The two things I hate most are hypocrites and liars
But it shouldn’t break the Hippocratic Oath to hasten dying
I really don’t like poetry that doesn’t rhyme
But that last bit was cutting it fine and this bit doesn’t

If I ever go in a time machine I’ll come back to here

Well that doesn’t mean that I didn’t do it
Maybe there’s just a rule that you shouldn’t
And I didn’t want to get fucked up by the time police
I’m not in pieces my future just left me in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment