Saturday 6 July 2013

Lib Dem Lament



You had no idea
just what was coming at ya
but that's ok
you never grew up under Thatcher
but your parents did
ask em what was it like
and whose side were they on
when she crushed the miner's strike?

And it’s been 10 long years
we're still in Afghanistan
how long do you think
till we go for Iran?
Do you really believe it was about the Taliban
we didn't even have a fucking
long term plan

Let me take you back, its 2 thousand and 10
I'm in the voting booth and I just put down my pen.
Like a lot of you maybe I voted Lib Dem
but that's certainly never gonna happen again

And I can't watch the news
it’s too full of strife
or else it’s me and my big fat
teenage wife

I'm sorry for ranting
I know it’s not the done thing
but I couldn't get up here
and not say something

But what hurts the most
what really wounded my ears
was the politicians cheering
as fees went 9 grand a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment