Saturday 6 July 2013

Is/Not



This is not a love poem
Not at, everything I do I do for you
Because you are my dove I
Raise you up above and
Show you to the world poem

Not a, I’m not closing my eyes poem
Cos missing you is what I despise
And with open eyes I do not sleep
But that’s ok cos every day with you is a dream poem

This is not a hate poem
Not a, the thought of you makes me irate
When I see you I start to shake
And I get so angry I can’t even fucking speak poem

Not a piss off poem
Not a, rip your tits off or
Stamp on your balls with stilettos though
This is an equal opportunities flow
This is not one of them poems

This is not a happy poem
Not a, look at the pretty daffodils
While I dribble words worth more than half a penny
And hope you come in for a pound poem

Not a, look at the beauty all around poem
It’s not playing lost and found
With the world with
Words so sweet they’d make the candy man hurl poem

This is not a sad poem
Not playing tug of war with your heartstrings
Or sitting crying in the dark while Adele sings
Sad as a baby bird with broken wings
Nah it’s not one of them poems

Not a, life’s not fair poem
And how can we care about the kids over there
When the kids over here get nothing more than a sneer
But does it even matter cos cosmically we’re nothing more than a smear
Sadly this isn’t one of those poems

This is and it is not
Coulda had a metaphor
And it might have been better for it
But it does not, I forgot
It is and it is not

No comments:

Post a Comment