Saturday 6 July 2013

State of the Nation



Lately I’ve found myself staying up late
Thinking how to tell people have hope not hate
It’s not a question; this shouldn’t be up for debate

Look out your window so you see the state,
Of the nation
Everyone deathly afraid of immigration

But we’re an island, immigration’s what we do
And once upon a time in the past it was you

And I know what they say
The university’s diversity personified
All I see is white boys and girls thinking that they’re superfly
Sitting round jerking it and getting high
I’ve seen more socially aware beings in a pigsty

And pigs are filthy animals
The media are cannibals
And only political if it’ll cause a scandal
We don’t need armour piercing bullets
We need armour piercing questions

Like when can we call the next general election

No comments:

Post a Comment