Saturday 6 July 2013

What have you done with my Leek?

For Tilly



Haven't done a poem this week
Probably cos I haven't done me reading this week
I felt a bit meek

So I stayed in me room and now me room reeks
Not like a funny smell of unwashed feet
or that thing in my fridge I think used to be a leek

The smell of unease at your high school meet and greet
Is that meat in the teeth of that orthodox Greek?
Ah divven't kna, Hey Y'alreet?

Is it the smell of the sweat of the social elite
as they stamp on the people they'll never defeat
Don't worry they cannit listen cos I'm speaking in 1337

Was it the smell me soul left in that hole in me chest when I sent me first Tweet?
It went West I went North East in me vest and bumped into you on the street

There was a beat

Then you slapped me in the face and called me a cheat
Look I'm sorry it was just one kiss and I was drunk that doesn't count reet
Broken Butterfly necklace in the mud at me feet

As I bent down to the ground your fist came around and it twatted me into last week
I skipped the drink and did me reading so me and me lass are sweet
I might write a poem this week

No comments:

Post a Comment