Saturday 6 July 2013

Infinity



We sit in the kitchen
Me in me trackies and him in his Colman’s coloured corduroy trousers
An he says to me, Vinny it’s all about infinity
Ah gan aw fuck this here we go again an he says
Nah mate, listen
Fittingly he can talk forever about it
An ah kna if I let him get going I’ll never hear the end of it
So I interrupt with what is, to me, a more important issue
Namely, what are you gonna do with all them lasses hanging about you?
And he gives me the same answer that he’s always given me before except he always manages to say the same thing in the same way but just different enough to make me understand infinity more in that moment than I ever did before
Except what he says and what I know about infinity are both paradoxically, nothing

Yeah I know that’s a weak paradox but don’t get me fucking started on them

Back in the kitchen I’ve enlisted the aid of another housemate to hold him down while I cut his arm with a blade, to check if the blood running through his veins is red
I mean what if he got replaced and I’m talking to some Vulcan instead
See you cannit see his ears cos of all the hair on his head
So I said look, you’re a bohemian (Dirty Fucking Hipster)
Arty student which down here makes you like Adonis
But he says look mate if I’m honest I just don’t really care
And in that moment I understand
It was for that exact reason that all the lasses were there
I mean it couldn’t be the trousers and alright it might be the hair
So lets you and me go get or a drink or like whatever cos I don’t really care 

No comments:

Post a Comment