Saturday 6 July 2013

Oedipus King



Throwing out motherfucker like Oedipus Rex
I come stand at the mic but I'm just in me kegs
wake up from the nightmare in my shit single bed
springs diggin in me back and thunder in me head

Gan the kitchen for a cuppa but have water instead
Ain't got no tea bags left you know I'm down to me dregs
An I'm alone in me kitchen cos nobody is back yet
so I wonder if anyone back home is on smack yet

Or working dead end 9 to 5 behind the Primark tills
skivin off their lunch to gan buy unknown pills
Didn't want this, not me scene would've ended up killed
took advice from Iron Maiden and I ran to the hills

Gone and got mesel a place in university
but the bankers and took me future right from under me
9 o'clock on a Wednesday 3 hours of poetry dead ahead of me
but will that really make me more employable in this economy

I think about the breakfast that I skipped and what it mean

see, if I was a bit skinnier mebbes somebody would like me
If I ate a balanced diet and worked out for 4 hours a day
maybe somebody would wake up and they'd ask me to stay

I know a lass, who swears her life would be better
if I looked the other way and I'd never fucking met her
And I divven't need enemies when I've got friends like these
Who confirm that yes things would be better if I left please

And I know that I'm a bastard
And I shouldn't get plastered
but if I divven't get plastered
Then I cannit gan skanking
And If I don't go skanking
Then I'll stay at home ...

So please don't blank me
cos I might go crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment