Saturday 6 July 2013

Teardrops



This is the man I have become
Who’ll kill you with words
I don’t need no gun
Whose pen is mightier than stabbing people for fun
Because I stab you for love
You film it like it’s a happy slap
And I move to the rhythm of massive attack
                                            And while you’re crying out, for love
                                            I’m climbing out, your window
Clutching my stolen goods close to my chest
Your innocence
And the only evidence of my theft is
The bitter cynical world weary woman looking for love in all the wrong places because
I taught her
it’s better to be loved and left than to never be loved at all
Who in turn will break men
Real men
Leaving their hearts broken and busted
Because I taught her that we cannot be trusted

So this is why I’m a poet
See my words have power and this is how I know it
All it took for me to break you
All it took to make you hate you
Was three simple words

I love you 

No comments:

Post a Comment